✹I am an author, filmmaker & animator. I write quirky tales about finding your place in the world and what makes you unique. Stories of family and humanity and where they begin and end. I love cinematic images, magic adventures and big odd ideas! ♥︎
I grew up in South London in a rambling Victorian house with 3 cats, 2 dogs, 1 little sister, an antique dealer dad and an artist mum. I have always wanted to tell stories, and as a child I found inspiration visiting TV and film sets including James Bond and Postman Pat, where my mum worked as a costume designer.
After studying at art college and film school, I worked as an animator on commercials, pop videos and 2 BAFTA winning children’s TV shows. I’ve written and directed several successful short films and I now live in North London with my partner Michael, a fox who visits our garden, and a clutter of house spiders.
A FEW FACTS:
- I love reading books and watching films almost as much as I love creating them!
- My favourite children’s book is probably The Witches by Roald Dahl.
- But I love lots of other authors, including: Philip Pullman, Joan Aiken, Terry Pratchett, Eva Ibbotson, Ursula Le Guin and Diana Wynne Jones.
- Some of my favourite films are: Star Wars, The Wizard of Oz, Watership Down, Snow White and the seven dwarfs, Kiki’s Delivery Service and Laputa – Castle in the Sky.
- My animation work on The Secret Show (BBC) and Yoko Jakamoko Toto (ITV) contributed to 4 BAFTAs.
- My film Mind Games was a finalist for Virgin Media Shorts Award (2008) and screened in over 200 UK cinemas.
- I have an MA in Animation Direction from the National Film & Television School (2002).
- I also studied art at Chelsea College, the Surrey Institute, and Central St Martins.