I love meeting enthusiastic readers, writers and artists to tell them how I became a children’s author. I’m happy to talk to library groups, single classes or large assemblies of any size.
I currently offer events for KS2 & 3, years 4-8 which include:
- An interactive presentation of 45-60 mins, with activities, a reading and a Q and A.
- Followed by a book signing for however long we’ve organized.
During the session I explain how real-life VICTORIANS, AIRSHIPS and AUTOMATA (clockwork robots) inspired my books. I talk about my love of FANTASTICAL FILM ROBOTS and explain how I combined these ideas to create an EXCITING, SUSPENSE-FILLED STORY. The event ends with a BIG INTERACTIVE ROBOT QUIZ and some DRESSING UP. In the Q and A, I like to talk about my inspiring family, early writing, comics and animation, and how I first got into creating stories.
For smaller groups (30 or less) I also offer a WORKSHOP event of 60 mins on how to make a simple flip animation and an animation strip for a Victorian zoetrope.
- I charge fees in line with the standard Society of Author’s rates.
- I charge travel expenses. Car 45p per mile, or train travel + local transport costs.
- For events further afield, overnight accommodation & food costs may be added.
If my events sound like something of interest, please contact me below to request further information or discuss a booking. Please include the school’s address, potential year groups and number of students…