“We had a fantastic visit from Peter Bunzl with our Chatterbooks group who had absolutely loved Cogheart and were really excited to meet him. Peter talked to them about himself, his inspiration and what books and films have influenced his story. He really managed to captivate and entertain them with his fascinating insight into the world of an author. I would definitely recommend a visit from Peter Bunzl my children were enthused and motivated to write their own stories after this fantastic experience.”
Jo Clarke, Library Manager, Whitchurch C of E School.
I love meeting enthusiastic readers, writers and artists to tell them about how I became a children’s author.
I’m currently offering events for years 4-8 which includes:
- A 45 minute interactive presentation with activities, a reading and a Q and A.
- Plus a book signing for however long we’ve organized afterwards.
- I am happy to do classroom size groups of 30-60 students, or larger assembly sized talks for up to 250-300 students.
During the session I explain how real-life VICTORIANS, AIRSHIPS and AUTOMATA (clockwork robots), inspired my books. I talks about my love of FANTASTICAL FILM ROBOTS and explain how I combined all these exciting ideas to create a SUSPENSE-FILLED STORY.
In smaller groups (30 students or less) I finish up by teaching the students to make an ANIMATION FLIPBOOK. In larger group (60+) the talk ends with a BIG INTERACTIVE ROBOT QUIZ and some DRESSING UP! In the Q and A, or longer sessions, I like to talk about my inspiring family, my animation, and how I first got interested in writing stories.
My fees are:
- £150 for a single talk.
- £300 for two talks / half day.
- £400 for three talks / whole day.
- Plus travel expenses (from London).
- For events further afield, expenses for food and accommodation will be added.