On Wednesday evening I did a twitter chat with the lovely Miriam Craig and Lorraine Gregory on their #UKMGCHAT It can be a wild bunfight of a chat and you don’t manage to reply to everyone and everything, but I managed to answer Miriam and Lorraine’s questions about writing cinematically. SO here’s a storify of those questions and my answers:
The prize also includes 5 signed copies of ‘Moonlocket’ for your school library and 5 signed copies for you and your friends!
Rules of Entry:
– This competition is open to the public
– The deadline for entries is 31st May 2017
– We will announce the winner on 9th June 2017 and contact via the given email address
– A parent or guardian must enter on a child’s behalf
– The afternoon tea will last approximately 90 minutes – 2 hours, with the chance to discuss what it’s like to be an author with Peter Bunzl, ask questions, and get writing tips and advice.
– Please note, the afternoon tea will take place during the summer holidays, on a mutually convenient date, which will be arranged once the winner has been announced.
– The afternoon tea will take place in a venue in SW London. Travel expenses and accommodation are the responsibility of the parents and will not be covered / reimbursed by Authorfy. We ask that a parent travels to the venue with the winners.
– Two members of the Authorfy team will attend the event with the winner and 4 friends. Both team members hold valid a DBS, First Aid and Safeguarding certificates.
– This competition is only open to UK residents
– Any allergies or dietary requirements will be accommodated
– Please note: no upload is required for this competition
Authorfy is a new platform that aims to developed exciting and original videos in which children’s authors share their unique approach to creative writing and pass on their love for literacy. Their corresponding learning resources have been produced to inspire students to engage with the authors’ style of writing, and through the platform they are giving students the chance to have their work read and reviewed by the authors themselves!